“INSPIRATION EXISTS, BUT IT HAS TO FIND US WORKING."

~Pablo Picasso

Monday, April 19, 2010

Featured Etsy Shop~LuckyMeLuckyYou

I've grown up around vintage and antique home decor, but didn't really acquire an appreciation for it until I had a place of my own. My step mom Lee has always had the bug as we call it since her mother had it as well and even owned an antique shop. I would have to say that milk glass was the first style of vintage that I really found myself drawn to. My parents kitchen is filled with it! So slowly but surely my step mom taught me about the different patterns and how to pick out good milk glass.



The appreciation and interest with milk glass led me into a full blown passion for all things vintage and antique. I began buying a collecting all sorts of things like salt and pepper shakers and recipe tins and boxes. I think the part that I love the most is knowing that there is history behind every piece that I come across. It's not like I've walked into a store and picked something off a shelf filled with a dozen other of the same item.

So began my mission to fill my house with all my great finds. Eventually I came to the point where I'd find something amazing, but had no where for it to go in my house. And as crazy as it sounds, I felt sad leaving it behind.

Then I found out about Etsy from an old co-worker and the rest is history. It was a win-win situation. I was able to rescue the treasures that I came across and share them with others.

I started my Etsy site on March 8th, but didn't want to list my items until I researched the site and found out the best way to go about things. Once I felt comfortable with Etsy I made the big step of listing items on March 27th. It was really awesome seeing my treasures being listed and people actually looking at them and wanting them. I had a lot of sales in my first week which made me ecstatic, but I also knew that it wasn't going to be that easy. Since that first week I have had to work really hard to get LuckyMeLuckyYou out there in the Etsy community. I am constantly in the forums meeting new people and learning new things. I also created a Twitter account, http://twitter.com/ShopLMLY which has been a lot of fun and a great way to meet others.

When I'm not working on my Etsy account or doing the 9-5 thing I'm usually cooking, spending time with friends and family and training for my first marathon.


LuckyMeLuckyYou has proven to be a lot of fun and also a lot of work. I don't think I'll be able to quit my day job anytime soon (or ever), but its been a great way for me to work on something that I truly love.

Thanks for getting the time to know me and learn more about the behind the scenes of LuckyMeLuckyYou!

No comments:

Post a Comment